- 1 Introducing PhpWebsite
- 2 Installing PhpWebsite – Fantastico De Luxe
- 3 Installing PhpWebsite – Manually
- 4 PhpWebsite Management
- 4.1 My Settings
- 4.2 My Modules
- 4.3 Site Content
- 4.4 Administration
- 5 Backup PhpWebsite
One of the most powerful content management systems in the market that provides advanced features such as file management, menu manager, photo album, etc…
It’s easy to use administrative interface makes it one of the most demanded content management system by users.
Installing PhpWebsite – Fantastico De Luxe
- Step 1: Login to your Admin cPanel http://www.yourdomain.com/cpanel
- Step 2: Locate and click on the Fantastico De Luxe Icon
- Step 3: Under the “Content Management” section, find and click on “PhpWebsite”
- Step 4: In the right panel, select “New Installation”
- Step 5: on page 1 of the installation process, you will be prompted for the installation directory. To have PhpWebsite installed on your website’s main page (http://www.yourdomain.com) leave it blank else, insert the directory of your choice (http://www.yourdomain.com/phpWebsite). Fill out all the required information accordingly and click “Install PhpWebsite”.
- Step 6: A summary of the installation details will be posted. Once read, click “Finish Installation”. You will also the path of your “PhpWebsite” installation.
Installing PhpWebsite – Manually
- Step 1: Download the latest version of PhpWebsite from the official website.
- Step 2: Uncompress the downloaded file to a specified directory on your desktop.
- Step 3: Upload its contents (keeping the directories structure intact) to your web hosting account via FTP to a specified directory of your choice (e.g. /phpwebsite).
- Step 4: Login to your Admin cPanel, locate & click on “MySQL Databases”.
- Step 5: Create a MySQL database and save its name along with the username and password for future use.
- Step 6: Using your browser, go to the location of your newly uploaded files: http://www.youdomain.com/phpwebsite
- Step 7: The first step of the installation phase is the database connection. Fill in the required fields
- Step 8: After setting up all the required parameters, click on “Install PhpWebsite”. Once the installation process is complete, you will be taken to a summary page that confirms the finalization of the installation process. You may now use PhpWebsite.
The “My Settings” tab contains the basic administrator backend settings such as changing the theme or password of that backend. You can also change the language and change the way you view the comments threads on your site.
In the “My Modules” tab, you can view all the personally installed modules for phpWebsite and customize their settings accordingly.
The “Site Content” tab is the most important tab in the administrative backend. Most of the controls are set from that area which includes block maker, photo album, calendar, web pages, etc… It’s advised to flip throughout that tab in order to familiarize yourself with the application.
Website performance and main settings are controlled from this area. From viewing stats to apache settings to users administration, everything is controlled and customized from here.
- Step 1: Login to your hosting account cPanel, locate and click on the “PhpMyAdmin” icon.
- Step 2: From within PhpMyAdmin, choose the PhpWebsite Database.
- Step 3: On the top menu of the database table list, click on “Export”
- Step 4: In the export options, make sure you:
- “Select All” Tables
- Check “Structures” property.
- Check “Data” property.
- Check “Save as” option
- Step 5: Once you double check that all the options in step 4 are set, click Go and save to the file to your desktop.
Use VNOHosting for the Best phpWebsite Hosting.
You may use this tutorial for your own use. You may provide a link to this web site, where this tutorial can be used from. However you are not allowed distribute it in any form without the prior permission of VNOHosting.com