TikiWiki is a Groupware / Content Management System that has several features from a wiki to a forum to blogs and Link Directory. Through its modules you can enhance its functionality and benefit from various features provided.
Installing TikiWiki – Fantastico De Luxe
- Step 1: Login to your Admin cPanel http://www.yourdomain.com/cpanel
- Step 2: Locate and click on the Fantastico De Luxe Icon
- Step 3: Under the “Wiki” section, find and click on “TikiWiki”
- Step 4: In the right panel, select “New Installation”
- Step 5: on page 1 of the installation process, you will be prompted for the installation directory. To have ““TikiWiki”” installed on your website’s main page (http://www.yourdomain.com) leave it blank else, insert the directory of your choice (http://www.yourdomain.com/tikiwiki). Fill out all the required information accordingly and click “Install TikiWiki””.
Step 6: A summary of the installation details will be posted. Once read, click “Finish Installation”. You will also see the link to your “TikiWiki”; click it to start using the application.
Installing TikiWiki – Manually
- Step 1: Browse the official site of TikiWiki and download the latest stable version of TikiWiki to your desktop.
- Step 2: Uncompress the downloaded file to a specified directory on your desktop.
- Step 3: Upload the extracted files (keeping the directories structure intact) to your web hosting account via FTP to a specified directory of your choice (e.g. /tikiwiki).
- Step 4: Login to your Admin cPanel, locate and click on MySQL Databases.
- Step 5: Create a MySQL database name “tikiwiki” and save its name along with the username and password for future use.
- Step 6: After successful creation of the database and its tables, go to the location of your newly uploaded files:http://www.yourdomain.com/tikiwiki/tiki/tiki-install.php
- Step 7: The web installation wizard will launch. You will be asked for database credentials.
Step 8: After setting up the database, you will be asked for the installation profile. You may go for the default one.
That should do it all! Enjoy TikiWiki.
- Step 9: After selecting the installation profile, the wizard will attempt to create the database tables and entries and once successful, you will be prompted with the results.
The General settings area is the place where you can control the general preferences like changing the administrator password date and time formats, mail settings…
Look and Feel
Change the layout of your site by choosing from various themes and css styles. In addition to that, select the site logo of your choice; edit the search settings and set pagination and footer text.
Edit the settings of the text areas available across the site. You can enable/disable anonymous comments, set default number of rows, allow smileys…
Control all the settings related to the wiki from this section. From wiki page listings to wiki settings and features, all these can be managed and customized according to your needs.
Backup TikiWiki Database
- Step 1: Login to your hosting account cPanel, locate and click on the “PhpMyAdmin” icon.
- Step 2: From within PhpMyAdmin, choose the TikiWiki Database.
- Step 3: On the top menu of the database table list, click on “Export”
- Step 4: In the export options, make sure you:
- “Select All” Tables
- Check “Structures” property.
- Check “Data” property.
- Check “Save as” option
- Step 5: Once you double check that all the options in step 4 are set, click Go and save to the file to your desktop.
Use VNOHosting for the Best TikiWiki Hosting.
You may use this tutorial for your own use. You may provide a link to this web site, where this tutorial can be used from. However you are not allowed distribute it in any form without the prior permission of VNOHosting.com