- 1 Introducing 4images Gallery
- 2 Installing 4images Gallery – Fantastico De Luxe
- 3 Installing 4images Gallery – Manually
- 4 4images Gallery Admin Control Panel
- 5 Backup 4images
Introducing 4images Gallery
4images is a powerful image gallery that can be managed via web-interface. Simple to manage yet powerful in function, this gallery will fulfill your need of installing an image gallery on your website. Some of its features include password protected areas, photo comments, search engine and thumbnail generation.
Installing 4images Gallery – Fantastico De Luxe
- Step 1: Login to your Admin cPanel http://www.yourdomain.com/cpanel
- Step 2: Locate and click on the Fantastico De Luxe Icon
- Step 3: Under the “Image Galleries” section, find and click on “4images Gallery”
- Step 4: In the right panel, select “New Installation”
- Step 5: on page 1 of the installation process, you will be prompted for the installation directory. To have 4mages installed on your website’s main page (http://www.yourdomain.com) leave it blank else, insert the directory of your choice (http://www.yourdomain.com/gallery). Fill out all the required information accordingly and click Install 4images Gallery.
- Step 6: A summary of the installation details will be posted. Once read, click “Finish Installation”. You will also the path of your “4images Gallery” installation.
Installing 4images Gallery – Manually
Manual installation of 4images Gallery goes as follows:
- Step 1: download the latest version of 4images Gallery from the official website.
- Step 2: Uncompress the downloaded file to a specified directory on your desktop.
- Step 3: Upload the contents of the extracted folder (keeping the directories structure intact) to your web hosting account via FTP to a specified directory of your choice (e.g. /gallery).
- Step 4: Login to your Admin cPanel, locate & click on “MySQL Databases”.
- Step 5: Create a MySQL database and save its name along with the username and password for future use.
- Step 6: Using your browser, go to the location of your newly uploaded files (step4):
- Step 7: The “Installation Page” page will be displayed. Fill in the required fields from administrator credentials to database name, username and password. The database credentials are the ones you created earlier in step 5. When you’re done, click on “Start Installation”.
4images Gallery Admin Control Panel
The general settings section is the place where you edit the main configuration of the whole image gallery. From the site name to the SMTP server, all can be controlled from here and with simple and easy clicks. In addition to that, you can control the main settings of all the major sections of the gallery, and I mean by that, the settings for the categories section, the upload section, the users section, and the comments section. You may want to review this part of 4images Gallery before publishing it to the public.
Your image gallery can be divided into categories in order to be more organize and this is the place to create them. You can create unlimited number of categories and even sub-categories. Adding to that, are the statistics displayed for every category and sub-category created from number of clicks to per category permissions, etc…
One of the most important sections in this project, where all you have control of all images available. You may add/delete/edit/validate images and even control how and when they are displayed. All images options are for you to play along with. Be in control of downloadable images and in what extensions that could be done and check the number of times that action took place.
Control who can access your 4images Gallery along with what permissions. You may also add new users, remove others, and even divide users into Usergroups. The most important thing is that you can manage permissions as per Usergroup, so your work would be much easier than setting per user permissions.
To backup 4images Gallery’s database, all you have to do is:
- Login to the administrator panel
- Locate the General section
- Find “Backup database”
- Click on “Database Backup” button.
Once the backup is complete, you will see its details in the “List backup” section. From there you may restore the database, delete the backup file, download the backup file or show the contents of the backup file.
Use VNOHosting for the Best 4images Hosting.
You may use this tutorial for your own use. You may provide a link to this web site, where this tutorial can be used from. However you are not allowed distribute it in any form without the prior permission of VNOHosting.com