- 1 Introducing PHPauction
- 2 Installing PHPauction - Fantastico De Luxe
- 3 Installing PHPauction – Manual Installation
- 3.1 Settings
- 3.2 Graphic Interface
- 3.3 Auctions
- 3.4 Contents
- 4 Backup PHPauction Database
PHPauction is a professional web-based auction system. Its ease of use and functionality makes it one of the best auction applications on the net.
Installing PHPauction - Fantastico De Luxe
- Step 1: Login to your Admin cPanel http://www.yourdomain.com/cpanel
- Step 2: Locate and click on the Fantastico De Luxe Icon
- Step 3: Under the “Other Scripts” section, find and click on “PHPauction”
- Step 4: In the right panel, select “New Installation”
- Step 5: on page 1 of the installation process, you will be prompted for the installation directory. To have PHPauction installed on your website’s main page (http://www.yourdomain.com) leave it blank else, insert the directory of your choice (http://www.yourdomain.com/phpauction). Fill out all the required information accordingly and click “Install PHPauction”.
Step 6: A summary of the installation details will be posted. Once read, click “Finish Installation”. You will also see the link to PHPauction website.
Installing PHPauction – Manual Installation
Setting up and using PHPauction
Every administrative backend of any application contains a part where you can control the main application settings and change the server options. The same goes for PHPauction where you can manage all the system settings like the site name and URL, the Cron jobs for PHPauction, error handling, payment methods…
Exactly as the title says, Graphic Interface, where you control the look of your site. From theme selection to font and colors selection, you have the ability to control them all from this panel.
“Auctions” is one of the important sections in the administrative backend, where you can monitor and manage the current open auctions. You can even check the already closed auctions and the suspended ones.
In PHPauction, there exist several static pages that you are able to post your information on. Those pages are the News, About Us, Terms and Conditions Page and the FAQ page. From the “Content” section you are able to manage all the information available on these pages from adding to deleting and even editing the contents.
Backup PHPauction Database
- Step 1: Login to your hosting account cPanel, locate and click on the “PhpMyAdmin” icon.
- Step 2: From within PhpMyAdmin, choose the PHPauction Database.
- Step 3: On the top menu of the database table list, click on “Export”
- Step 4: In the export options, make sure you:
- “Select All” Tables
- Check “Structures” property.
- Check “Data” property.
- Check “Save as” option
- Step 5: Once you double check that all the options in step 4 are set, click Go and save to the file to your desktop.
Use VNOHosting for the Best PHPauction Hosting.
You may use this tutorial for your own use. You may provide a link to this web site, where this tutorial can be used from. However you are not allowed distribute it in any form without the prior permission of VNOHosting.com