- 1 Introducing Open-Realty
- 2 Installing Open-Realty - Fantastico De Luxe
- 3 Installing Open-Realty – Manual Installation
- 4 Using Open-Realty – Administrative Backend
- 4.1 Add Listing
- 4.2 Site Config
- 4.3 User Manager
- 5 Backup Open-Realty database
Open-Realty is a web-based real estate application written in PHP that is both: easy to setup and easy to use. With its Open-Source nature, its being developed day after day in order to contain all the advanced function for your real estate website. Open-Realty is one of the leading real estate applications on the web.
Installing Open-Realty - Fantastico De Luxe
- Step 1: Login to your Admin cPanel http://www.yourdomain.com/cpanel
- Step 2: Locate and click on the Fantastico De Luxe Icon
- Step 3: Under the “Other Scripts” section, find and click on “Open-Realty”
- Step 4: In the right panel, select “New Installation”
- Step 5: on page 1 of the installation process, you will be prompted for the installation directory. To have Open-Realty installed on your website’s main page (http://www.yourdomain.com) leave it blank else, insert the directory of your choice (http://www.yourdomain.com/openrealty). Fill out all the required information accordingly and click “Install Open-Realty”.
Step 6: A summary of the installation details will be posted. Once read, click “Finish Installation”. You will also see the link to Open-Realty website.
Installing Open-Realty – Manual Installation
- Step 1: Go to the download section of Open-Realty website, and get the latest version.
- Step 2: Uncompress the downloaded file to a specified directory on your desktop.
- Step 3: Upload the extracted files (keeping the directories structure intact) to your web hosting account via FTP to a specified directory of your choice (e.g. /openrealty).
- Step 4: Login to your Admin cPanel, locate & click on “MySQL Databases”.
- Step 5: Create a MySQL database and save its name along with the username and password for future use.
- Step 6: Using your browser, go to the location of your newly uploaded files: http://www.yourdomain.com/openrealty/install/index.php
- Step 7: The web installer will launch. Read and accept the license agreement and click on “I Agree”.
- Step 8: Select the language that best suites you.
- Step 9: A script will do a permission check on some of the files. In case any files have incorrect permissions, then set them correctly from your cPanel.
- Step 10: Select “New Install of Open-Realty” and click “Submit”.
- Step 11: Set the database parameters that you previously created.
- Step 12: After successful connection to the database, proceed with the installation in order to create the database tables and indexes.
- Step 13: Once the database setup is complete, then you would have successfully installed Open-Realty.
Note: the default username is admin and password is password.
Using Open-Realty – Administrative Backend
To access the administrative interface of Open-Realty, you will have to go to: http://www.yourdomain.com/phpauction/admin (where yourdomain.com is your personal domain that you have registered).
To add a listing to your real estate album, following these instructions:
- Login to Open-Realty administrative backend.
- Click on “Add Listing”
- Select from the list of available listing the type of listing that you want to add and click “Submit”.
- Fill in the required fields and select the proper options then click “Submit”.
The site config section in PHPauction provides you with powerful yet easy to use tools in order to manage and control your site effectively. If you access this section, you will see that various options are available from the server options to layout options (template), to moderating users, etc… All this tools will permit you to have total control over your site and thus control its auctions.
Just like it says: User manager. It’s the place where you manage the users that login to your website via username and password so that they post new items or new auctions. It’s easy to use, so all you have to do it click on ADD and fill in the required information so that you create a new user.
Backup Open-Realty database
- Step 1: Login to your hosting account cPanel, locate and click on the “PhpMyAdmin” icon.
- Step 2: From within PhpMyAdmin, choose the Open-Realty Database.
- Step 3: On the top menu of the database table list, click on “Export”
- Step 4: In the export options, make sure you:
- “Select All” Tables
- Check “Structures” property.
- Check “Data” property.
- Check “Save as” option
- Step 5: Once you double check that all the options in step 4 are set, click Go and save to the file to your desktop.
Use VNOHosting for the Best Open-Realty Hosting.
You may use this tutorial for your own use. You may provide a link to this web site, where this tutorial can be used from. However you are not allowed distribute it in any form without the prior permission of VNOHosting.com