- 1 Introducing Noah’s Classified
- 2 Installing Noah’s Classified – Fantastico De Luxe
- 3 Installing Noah’s Classified – Manually
- 4 Using Noah’s Classified - Administrative Backend
- 4.1 Create a new Ad
- 4.2 Create User
- 4.3 Notifications
- 5 Backup Noah’s Classified Database
Introducing Noah’s Classified
Noah’s Classified is a web-based classified ads software. It’s based on PHP and MySQL.
Installing Noah’s Classified – Fantastico De Luxe
- Step 1: Login to your Admin cPanel http://www.yourdomain.com/cpanel
- Step 2: Locate and click on the Fantastico De Luxe Icon
- Step 3: Under the “Other Scripts” section, find and click on “Noah’s Classified”
- Step 4: In the right panel, select “New Installation”
- Step 5: on page 1 of the installation process, you will be prompted for the installation directory. To have Noah’s Classified installed on your website’s main page (http://www.yourdomain.com) leave it blank else, insert the directory of your choice (http://www.yourdomain.com/classified). Fill out all the required information accordingly and click “Install Noah’s Classified”.
Step 6: A summary of the installation details will be posted. Once read, click “Finish Installation”. Enjoy the “Noah’s Classified” experience.
Installing Noah’s Classified – Manually
- Step 1: Download the latest version of “Noah’s Classified” from the official website.
- Step 2: Uncompress the downloaded file to a specified directory on your desktop.
- Step 3: Via FTP, upload to your web server the content of the extracted folder into “/public_html/classified”
- Step 4: Using your browser, go to the location of your newly uploaded files: http://www.yourdomain.com/classified
- Step 5: The installation wizard will launch. Read the License Agreement and click “proceed”. Note that you will need to edit the database connection parameters in order for the application to connect to the new database correctly.
This will finalize the manual installation of Noah’s Classified. Enjoy!
Step 7: After the install is successful, you will be prompted a link that will take you to the newly installation application.
Using Noah’s Classified - Administrative Backend
Create a new Ad
- Step 1: Login to the administrative backend of Noah’s Classified
- Step 2: Click on “Submit ad” on the top right corner of the screen.
- Step 3: Select the proper category.
- Step 4: Fill in the required fields and click “OK”
- Step 1: Login to the administrative backend of Noah’s Classified.
- Step 2: Click on “Add new user”
- Step 3: Fill in the username and the email address. The password will be automatically generated and sent via mail.
There are several email notification types available in Noah’s Classified that you can benefit from. Those notifications can be managed from the “Notifications” section in the administrative backend. Thus you will have to have your email settings configured correctly so that these notifications are sent successfully.
Backup Noah’s Classified Database
- Step 1: Login to your hosting account cPanel, locate and click on the “PhpMyAdmin” icon.
- Step 2: From within PhpMyAdmin, choose the “classified” Database.
- Step 3: On the top menu of the database table list, click on “Export”
- Step 4: In the export options, make sure you:
- “Select All” Tables
- Check “Structures” property.
- Check “Data” property.
- Check “Save as” option
- Step 5: Once you double check that all the options in step 4 are set, click Go and save to the file to your desktop.
Use VNOHosting for the Best Noah's Classified Hosting.
You may use this tutorial for your own use. You may provide a link to this web site, where this tutorial can be used from. However you are not allowed distribute it in any form without the prior permission of VNOHosting.com