- 1 Installing CubeCart using Fantastico De Luxe:
- 2 Installing CubeCart Manually via Web Interface:
- 3 Using CubeCart
- 3.1 Store Config
- 3.2 Catalog
- 3.3 Admin Users
- 4 Backup CubeCart Database
Installing CubeCart using Fantastico De Luxe:
- Step 1: Login to your Admin cPanel http://www.yourdomain.com/cpanel
- Step 2: Locate and click on the Fantastico De Luxe Icon
- Step 3: Under the “E-Commerce” section, find and click on “CubeCart”
- Step 4: In the right panel, select “New Installation”.
- Step 5: on page 1 of the installation process, you will be prompted for the installation directory. To have CubeCart installed on your website’s main page (http://www.yourdomain.com) leave it blank else, insert the directory of your choice (http://www.yourdomain.com/cubecart ). Also fill out the Admin access data. Finally, click on “Install CubeCart”.
Step 6: on page 2, a summary of the installation options is displayed, including database details and the installation directory chosen.
- Step 7: Click on “Finish Installation” button to successfully complete your CubeCart installation process.
You can directly go to the administrative back-end via: http://www.yourdomain.com/cubecart/admin/login.php
Installing CubeCart Manually via Web Interface:
- Step 1: Go to the download section of the official CubeCart website, and get the latest version (we will be using cubecart version 3.0.18)
- Step 2: Uncompress the downloaded file to a specified directory on your desktop.
- Step 3: Upload the “/upload” directory (keeping the directories structure intact) to your web hosting account via FTP to a specified directory of your choice (e.g. /cubecart).
- Step 4: Login to your Admin cPanel, locate and click on MySQL Databases.
- Step 5: Create a MySQL database and save its name along with the username and password for future use.
- Step 6: Using your browser, go to the location of your newly uploaded files: http://www.yourdomain.com/cubecart
- Step 7: The web installer will run, posting the License in order for you to read it and accept it.
Step 8: The second step of the installation wizard, will verify for files and folders permissions.
Step 9: After successful file permission checkup, you will be prompted for server and database information. The database information that you have to set are the ones you previously created from cPanel.
Step 10: After connecting to the database successfully, you will have to set back some file permissions to the “global.inc.php” for security reasons.
Having done all these steps will have CubeCart installed and running. On the other hand, you must not forget to delete the /install directory or else CubeCart will not be functional.
To access the admin area, go to: http://www.yourdomain.com/cubecart/admin
The store config section contains the general settings of the whole store. Whether the store style, the number of downloads or even time and date settings, all can be changed from here. In addition to that, you can control the tax rates as per country, set the currencies that can be used, and even add countries.
The catalog section talks pretty much about itself. From here you can view the available products, add new products, and edit the options of a certain product or products. You can even divide your products into categories of your choice to present them to your customer in a better way.
From the admin users section, you can create new administrators in case you have more than one person managing the store and that need administrator privileges. Moreover, you can track the work of the administrators by using the admin session page where you are capable to see when every administrator has logged in and out.
Backup CubeCart Database
- Step 1: Login to your hosting account cPanel, locate and click on the “PhpMyAdmin” icon.
- Step 2: From within PhpMyAdmin, choose the Moodle Database.
- Step 3: On the top menu of the database table list, click on “Export”
- Step 4: In the export options, make sure you:
- “Select All” Tables
- Check “Structures” property.
- Check “Data” property.
- Check “Save as” option
- Step 5: Once you double check that all the options in step 4 are set, click Go and save to the file to your desktop.
Use VNOHosting for the Best CubeCart Hosting.
You may use this tutorial for your own use. You may provide a link to this web site, where this tutorial can be used from. However you are not allowed distribute it in any form without the prior permission of VNOHosting.com