- 1 Installing Advanced Poll – Fantastico De Luxe
- 2 Installing Advanced Poll – Manually
- 3 Using Advanced Poll
- 3.1 Create a new poll
- 3.2 Change the status of a Survey
- 3.3 Create a new user
Installing Advanced Poll – Fantastico De Luxe
- Step 1: Login to your Admin cPanel http://www.yourdomain.com/cpanel
- Step 2: Locate and click on the Fantastico De Luxe Icon
- Step 3: Under the “Polls and Surveys” section, find and click on “Advanced Poll”
- Step 4: In the right panel, select “New Installation”
- Step 5: on page 1 of the installation process, you will be prompted for the installation directory. To have “Advanced Poll” installed on your website’s main page (http://www.yourdomain.com) leave it blank else, insert the directory of your choice (http://www.yourdomain.com/apoll). Fill out all the required information accordingly and click “Install Advanced Poll”.
Step 6: A summary of the installation details will be posted. Once read, click “Finish Installation”. You will also see the link to your phpESP script; click it to start using the application.
Installing Advanced Poll – Manually
Installing Advanced Poll manually is a straight forward set of procedures:
- Step 1: Browse the official site of Advanced Poll and download the latest stable version of Advanced Poll to your desktop.
- Step 2: Uncompress the downloaded file to a specified directory on your desktop.
- Step 3: Upload the extracted files (keeping the directories structure intact) to your web hosting account via FTP to a specified directory of your choice (e.g. /apoll).
- Step 4: Go to http://www.youdomain.com/apoll/textfile/admin/
- Step 5: Login using the username: admin and the password: poll
Advanced Poll is now installed. Don’t forget to change the default administrator password.
Using Advanced Poll
Create a new poll
To create a survey:
- Login to “Advanced Poll” administrative backend.
- Click on “Create a New Poll”.
- Fill in the required fields and move along the wizard to fill all the 5 steps and provide all the data required.
- Once finished, you will have to activate your survey in order to be able to use it.
- After activating your poll, and in order to use it on your website, click on the “Poll List” button.
- Then click on “notepad icon”.
- Copy and paste the code to the file you will use the poll into.
- Publish the new file.
Change the status of a Survey
To change the status of a survey:
- Login to phpESP administrative backend.
- Click on “Change the status of a survey”.
- Click on the status that you would like to change the survey to. (delete/activate/end)
Create a new user
To create a new user:
- Login to "Advanced Poll" administrative backend.
- Click on “Manage Designer Account”.
- Fill in the required fields and select the proper privileges.
- Click “Add”.
Use VNOHosting for the Best Advanced Poll Hosting.
You may use this tutorial for your own use. You may provide a link to this web site, where this tutorial can be used from. However you are not allowed distribute it in any form without the prior permission of VNOHosting.com